Tuesday 24 May 2016

Passing The Time.

I went to a funeral yesterday, my neighbors mother , I'd never met her or even seen her but as a mark of solidarity in grief and support for my neighbor ,I went.
A funeral is always a moment to reflect, it made me think of my own funeral whenever that will take place, I wonder how many people will be there, how many will have fond memories and how many will be there out of sympathy for the family? Not that it will influence me, I'll be dead.
Death, the only thing that money,influence and importance cannot change- we all die, some of us can delay it, but in the end it happens to all of us, as someone once put it 'Death is the great equalizer'.

So if it is going to happen to us all it's pointless dwelling on it, it'll be there fast enough, when? we don't know, so let's just carry on with life and try as hard as we can to enjoy these precious moments before death, life.

We don't ask to be born, but it happens, then we are who we are, where we are, we are given an allotted place and an allotted time, neither of which are within our power. We are created ,if we are lucky, we are given support and an education and then we have to pass the time until our own death.
That 'passing the time' is what real life is about, I'm one of the lucky ones, I was created in a wealthy part of the world, I have more freedoms than most others on this planet could only dream of. So here we are, and we have to pass the time we have been given. We work, we play, we entertain, we love, we hate, we take our turn to create, we get older (if we're lucky) and we 'get on', each in our own way.

The end comes, how that feels ? we don't really know,the dead have a secret and they don't share it with the living so we don't really know what 'the end' feels like, all we can hope is that when it comes it's quick and painless.
Meanwhile we live, we are the living, we should not waste time, it's all we really have. So thanks for reading this, it probably took you about 3-4 minutes, time you will never get back, hopefully you don't regret your decision, after all it's your time and you do with it what you will.


No comments:

Post a Comment