Wednesday 22 March 2017

Diary , new entry.

Wednesday 22nd of March.
The day started bad, I took a tablet - my anti Cholesterol statin. I take 1 every evening so accidentally taking one in the morning as well means I have now taken two in less than 12 hrs, does this constitute an overdose? I’ll phone my Doctor in an hour when she’s in surgery to get her opinion. 
I phoned the ‘anti poison centre’ which gives advice on these matters but all their lines were busy, there must be some epidemic of people overdosing by accident,  the result of an older population I suppose. I should write a column about lack of personnel at the ‘anti poison help line ‘ and the dangers of an older population and see if someone will publish it. -Note to self, if you survive the overdose get on to newspapers to publish your column on ‘What to do with the old?’ . 
That title doesn’t seem right somehow, it sounds more like a preface to something a Nazi would write, - note to self ; change the title of the column you’re writing if surviving the overdose. 

If I’m not in hospital getting my stomach pumped later today I also have to answer some calls I’ve had. 

1. The ‘Anti Poverty Alliance have asked me to perform at their annual meeting in September, should I do this gig? and if so how much should I charge.

2.The VRT have asked me to be a guest in a debate they are organising next week on TV about Brexit. It’s not comedy so should I go? if I decide to attend I should start reading up on Brexit and form an opinion. At the moment my opinion is ‘I live in Belgium, if the UK wants to leave the EU well they should fuck off and leave the rest to get on with it’. They’ve never been convinced members anyway, the UK prefers to suck up to Uncle Sam,like the weakling in the playground that hangs around with the local bully. This is how I feel but I should get the Guardians view on Brexit to keep my fans ‘on side’. 

This will be my afternoons work, it’s not ‘work’ as such but it keeps me busy between gigs -my next gig by the way is Friday in a place called Roosdaal- about an hours drive away. (It’s the next gig that is if I survive todays overdose). 

Let’s talk again tomorrow.










No comments:

Post a Comment