Monday 22 May 2017

So anyway.......

It's been a long time since I've blogged on this page, sorry for the regular users. I've had a busy time, the show I was touring with in Belgium has come to it's end, and I have decided to stop doing these (themed) Theatre monologues, and get back to doing stand-up comedy in line-ups wherever I can. So I am now bookable for Comedy evenings in Cafés ,bars, clubs and wherever. Free as a bird. Best way to contact me for that is at wilnigel@me.com  - feel free.

I have also started doing a daily podcast- you read it right, daily podcast  , it's only 15 minutes, I do it in Dutch. So I'm trying different things at the moment, to see what fits me and what I want to do with the rest of the time on this planet :-)  (don't we all).

The possibilities we have nowadays to connect with each other seem never ending, I mean even the President of the USA uses Twitter more than he uses traditional media.

What we call 'the comedy season' is coming to an end, there are always less people in comedy clubs when the sun shines, jokes can't really compete with sun drenched beaches, or outside dining so it seems.
Our last edition this season of Stand-up Antwerp is on June 21st, then we will be taking our summer break until September when we will be back with more and more great line-ups. thanks to all the people who have made our comedy cellar a 'legend' and a great success.

Tomorrow I'm off to Barcelona, to do a gig at the congress of European Transport Workers, and while I'm there visit an old friend who lives in the area. What a life . We sometimes forget the luxury we live in, every day I have to pinch myself just as a reminder to be grateful All those years when I worked in factories I could never have envisaged how my life now would be.
Although Comedy can be hard, and audiences sometimes very unforgiving and ruthless , it's still 'play' compared to the hours spent working on a conveyor belt at the local General Motors factory.

Comedy is the love of my life, not the preparation and hours of trying to find new subjects to put under the comedic microscope that's the 'graft', but the being on stage, under the lights, seeing people laugh at what comes out of my mouth is still amazing after 18 years of it.

So ,with regards to this blog, I'm back, I promise to do (at least) one a week, not that you are waiting on it, but I need the discipline.
See ya!
Nigel.


No comments:

Post a Comment