Saturday 27 May 2017

Warming up.

I don’t want to become one of those old guys who’s only preoccupation is the weather, but we do need to talk about it. 
It’s still May and the temperatures in places like Belgium, Holland and Germany are in the 30’s , now I don’t want to draw any hasty conclusions but may I just say that it’s not friggin’ normal, whatever ‘normal’ still means in this age of abnormality (in all walks of life) being the new normal.

It’s hot and I can’t handle it, if I were to convince myself that it would stay like this -for ever- I would consider setting up home in a cellar. We homo-sapiens don’t belong to the same family as lizards, this is not the environment we should be living in -end of discussion. I don’t get people who just lay in the sun all day and think it’s the best way to live. Anything above 28° and my brain goes into seizure, all I can do is find some shade or airco and wait until normality returns. But what if it didn’t ? What if this is the start of the ‘end times’ ? What if it just started getting warmer and warmer ? When would the water start being worth more than oil? At what stage would we start attacking each other for the last few drops of water? 
Just the thought of this being the way it would end for us all, sends my heart rate even further up the scales. A slow suffocation, the gradual descent of man into barbarity followed by an even slower extinction. Bye bye world it was good while it lasted, but you obviously have found a way to rid yourself of this cancer called mankind. 
Next week it will rain, next week the temperatures will be back to normal, next week we will yearn for some of this sun again, but not now- now we can only huff and puff and hope we get through it. 

Don’t forget to hydrate.  

No comments:

Post a Comment