The Day. The days creep by, nothing really happens, everything is ordered except the chaos in my mind. I usually wake up around 7 am, lie awake for 10 minutes, then I go downstairs and grind the coffee beans ready for breakfast. Routine is good; it gives a sense of order. After breakfast, my wife and I went ‘shopping’ for the few essentials we thought we might need during the day. We’re not the sort of people who stock up on food; we get our daily meals from the local shops. We don’t plan ahead. We also have plenty of local shops selling fresh vegetables and fruit, great bakeries, and small supermarkets. We live in a multi-cultural area, which is fast becoming taken over by the ‘trendy middle class,’ the guys with ‘man buns, the cargo bicycles with children as freight. The people who sit in coffee bars, taking an hour to drink a coffee while they stare at a laptop screen, giving the impression that they have a job of some kind. It seems this is always the way: the run-down areas ...
Comments
Post a Comment