Sunday 17 January 2016

Saints and swimmers.

While on holiday in Wales.

While on our 12km hike today we passed the Chapel and ‘healing well’ of St Non, the birthplace of St David. 
St. Non was St Davids mother, obviously holiness runs in the family. 
After St Non gave birth to St David the legend says that a Well suddenly appeared near his birthplace. Belief is that the Well has healing qualities, and looking into the well I could see quite a few coins had been thrown in by pilgrims who obviously don’t believe in free health care. 
A plaque on site says that the Well Water is know to cure all ailments,(it doesn’t say if mental health falls under ailments). My leg had been playing up recently so just to be on the safe side I threw 50p in the well and reached down to cup some water in my hands to apply to the leg in question. 
Now the stones around the well are quite slippery and just as I wanted to kneel I slipped and ended up with both feet in the cold water. I then had to walk the last 5km with ice cold water in my boots and wet socks. 

Now I’m 50p down and can feel a cold coming on. I should stick to candles and NHS waiting lists.

No comments:

Post a Comment