This blog is just personal scribble, thoughts and comment from me, with no actual pretence of being anything other than that. Enjoyable for some, irritating for others, that I'm sure of. Have fun.
Authenticity Paradox. A man once asked me, “Who are you?” Back then, I couldn’t answer him. I was in India, searching for myself and trying to figure out who I really was. Later, I realised the real me was schizophrenic. So even now, it depends on how I feel. That last part was a joke, by the way. Can you picture a spiritual person with schizophrenia, always searching for themselves? That would be a quest with no end. Anyway, moving on. I often wonder who I really am. I don’t have many real friends—maybe none—and I never feel comfortable in large groups of people who aren’t me. What does it even mean to be ‘authentic’? Once you start thinking about it, you can’t really be it. Chasing authenticity is like searching for the holy grail—does it even exist? If you read too many books or watch too many YouTube gurus talk about authenticity, you end up so focused on it that it just turns into a kind of ‘cosplay’. This is how I act when I’m trying to be authentic… Humans are funny. The b...
It's all very 'bon' to call it a Scone, But I've always known You should call it a Scone. But I wouldn't moan when eating the Scone If the cream's not gone feel free to say Scone
I don't have a traditional workweek. I'm also 71, so some weeks, the days just morph into one, Monday being no different from Saturday. There are daily routines but no planning. Yet today is a Sunday, and Sundays are 'the last days standing' in terms of traditions. I slept late this morning (9:30), had coffee and a bite to eat, sat around the breakfast table with my partner, and had our morning talk about the woes of the world and things that were on our minds, thoughts on the family, and reminding ourselves we still have some planning to do regarding our summer vacation. We noticed the hydrometer read 34, which is pretty dry, with 40 being roughly optimal, and decided to open all the windows, turn off the heat, put the kettle on for additional dampness and see what happens; we reached 36 and decided to just say 'f**k it and go outside for a walk, on this freezing but sunny day. I'm no expert, but walking is the best medicine. Better than jogging or working ...
Comments
Post a Comment