Thursday 15 October 2020

Is this me?

 Ok , day nr 6 on the 'intermittent fasting' routine, for those in the know I’m on a 17/7 which is 17 hrs of fasting and a window of 7hrs to eat… At the moment I’m feeling a little light headed, is this what they mean when they say you become more focussed? Well it could be, I’m really focussed on my light headiness. My sleep has gotten better that’s a positive, no more tossing and turning at the moment, I’m sleeping like a baby without the peeing in a pamper bit. 


There are so many tutorials, advice and self help videos on you tube about ‘finding yourself’, ‘reaching the real you’, ‘getting to know yourself’, etc etc etc in the end you ask yourself if you have ever really known who you actually are, the more you watch this stuff the less you feel certain of who you are, and then you need to watch other videos to end self doubt and multiple personality disorder.



Just before going to sleep yesterday I took an on line IQ test, just for the fun… to my relief my result was ‘average’ so average I must be the average of all averages, why a relief? Well, just imagine I had a high or above average result, it would scare me, I mean- I openly admit there is so much I don’t know, in fact it’s as if the older I get the less I know and understand. If I had a very high IQ that would be a disaster for humanity? If I was above average god knows how average people must think… and what about the ‘below average’?. This opens up a whole new line of thinking, IQ’s (if they are important) are different in all people yet we (in democratic countries) all have the same voting rights, wouldn’t it be more logic that highly intelligent people should maybe have an extra vote? Or am I so average that I don’t realise that IQ is not the only element that should be taken into account? After all I’m so average and gullible that I think an IQ test on you tube would be correct. 


We plod on, we get on with it, we struggle, we do our best, we try to stay sane. This is all we can do during this pandemic. While scientists work their goggles off trying to find a vaccine and give advice on how to stem the tide of infections. While politicians (hopefully) do their best to balance lives against economy. While this is going on, most of us just ‘plod on’, with or without masks, because this is what we humans do, we learn, adjust and move on, with ups and downs, arguments, debates and different points of view, but we plod on, we get on with it. Although it’s a pain in the ass at the moment we know that we will also overcome this hurdle in our further evolution. Maybe it will get us to the next stage of our evolution, the stage where we realise we are not alone on this planet, where we realise that what we do to our planet and other life forms on this finely balanced rock in the universe will effect us, ‘what goes around comes around’ is how our habitat here works. We destroy other life forms, we destroy nature at our own risk. One way or the other the planet will keep turning, the only question is ‘will it be with us? Or (eventually) without us? We aren’t invincible, we should ‘get over ourselves’.



No comments:

Post a Comment