Thursday 4 February 2016

Tartu.
Tartu is one of those towns that has 'something' hard to put the finger on ,but it seems at ease with itself.
I don't know why but I seem to be attracted to these baltic states, it's not really rock n roll here, but there is something about the 'attitude', the dark humor and no overpopulated streets.

So the gig yesterday in the 'Wilde' Bar was 'ok' (my set) I wasn't on a 'roll' as in Riga but it was acceptable, about 250 (mainly students) in and it was really warm on stage under the lights. Sweat sweat sweat and then go outside in -3 degrees and wake up this morning with sore throat and blocked nose - nothing that a brew of tea and a hot shower won't cure.

Stand-up comedy is such a international language, it's great to be part of the 'community of comedians' we all seem to speak the same language and have the same irritating behaviour patterns which can be annoying for outsiders.

In an hour we leave for Tallin, a road trip I've done about 4 times now, so I can sleep in the car. I will not be taking Yoghurt this time after yesterdays accident. After the gig yesterday I noticed a white stain on my jeans, maybe, just maybe that might have been why the front row were staring at me like I was some sort of sexual predator. Probably scared the life out of the young innocent students. I must say it was the 'whitest' audience ever, 1 asian guy was the only 'colour' in the room the rest were all white, very white - almost transluscent some of 'em.

After the show we went for some beers (non alcohol in my case) and had some post show chat with some of the audience, Estonians on the whole are non intrusive - not to be confused with timid, the guys and girls we talked to a pretty interested in comedy and how it works.

So as I said earlier ,we are now ready and checked out of the Hotel, early afternoon we should reach Tallin, looking forward to seeing the old city and the Russian quarter again. Friday it's the boat across to Helsinki thenSaturday home.
See you all soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment