Friday 5 February 2016

The efficiency of small.

Helsinki to the airport, 2,70 eur on the train (for a twenty minute trip) not bad, fast clean and efficient. Helsinki airport has the advantage of being small, although there's a Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 they are only about three steps apart.
Security and check in all friendly and fast, no complaints. I still hate security though, especially when traveling alone, my prosthetic joints set of all the alarms and the guys at security see that as an opportunity to test their techniques, I even got swabbed for drugs this morning, I consider that a compliment (they think I'm rock n roll). No drugs on me except nose spray for my cold which is threatening to drown me in snot. Security is a drag when you wear this much clothes, coat, belt,shoes, hoodie ,gloves, then another bin with laptop ,phone and camera . It's just all the hassle of getting all that shit back together with people behind me impatient to start waiting.
Now we wait for our flight to Riga and then Riga -Brussels, looks like there will be about 10 people on board for the first leg, an hours trip, not long enough to sleep eat or drink.
Feeling good about our last show of the trip yesterday in Helsinki, lots of different nationalities and a diverse age group. There were even two Belgians in the front row, power to them.
The show went well packed to the rafters and a great atmosphere, Finns seem to wake up on Fridays after work.
So now it's back to Belgium, two days of rest then on monday a check-up at the hospital, seen too many of those these last few years, although it always makes me glad to be living somewhere that has good healthcare. Healthcare or as Republicans in the U.S. call it backward communism.

No comments:

Post a Comment